Thursday, January 19, 2012

There's a Toilet in My Living Room

...So here it goes. Here is my attempt to enter into the world of blogging. Why not, I thought? What, with a husband, a baby, a house to keep, and youth group/church functions to attend, surely I'm not too busy to keep up with a blog!
My husband introduced me to twitter the other day. Actually, I was already on twitter, but I just didn't know what it was like to REALLY be on twitter. I thought I was doing good to check it once every four months. But I live with a man who tweets as much as he speaks. Not really, but almost. So I thought, okay, I'll give this a go round as well. And it really is addicting! Anyway, once I established myself in the world of tweets, the only next logical step is to create a blog. And here it is.
Don't get me wrong, I do not believe that I am interesting, clever, or well spoken enough to write something and actually believe that others will want to read it. But I think of this as my way of somewhat releasing all of the random thoughts I have during the day. I try and do that with my four month old, Eden, but somehow I just don't think she really GETS it yet.
My life is messy. I'm unorganized. I'm random. And I am extremely, extremely COMPLICATED. For any of you who really know me, I'm someone who is constantly changing. And not just changing for the change. I mean, when I change I am PASSIONATE about that change. I believe that whatever I am doing and whatever I am in to at that moment, that is the person I'll be for the rest of my life. Just like when I was a vegetarian (1 year), or the time I wanted to be a news anchor (2 years), oh and especially when I was a marathoner (9 months). My mom and I joke that the only thing you can be sure about with Ashley Frizzell (formerly Parker...from whence I get my passion. "They" like to call us Passionate Parkers) is that she is never the same.
I would like to say that I can live simply. I would like to say that I can get by with very little. I would like to say that I just don't need THAT much (especially emotionally). But that's just not who I am...(at least for the time being). Maybe writing down my thoughts can help me become a more simplified version of myself. Maybe seeing them on paper (um, actually, on screen) can help me learn how to better organize myself. And so the blog. (Also, I really like the idea of writing ridiculous, run-on sentences in a very poor attempt to be witty.)
This is for my family, who is too far away to know the goings-on of my every day life with their precious 4 month old granddaughter/niece who can do no wrong and is PERFECT (really! just ask them!).
This is for my husband, who I know needs me to need something other than his patient ears.
This is for my daughter, who hopefully can read some of this one day and know just how much joy I got out of being with her daily. That I really do love the "little things" that go along with being a mommy.
This is for me.
And for all of you who don't really know me and who happen to stumble on this (how would that even happen, anyway?), I'm sorry. You can quit reading now.

Oh, and there really is a toilet in our living room.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't think I could love you more...but I really love you in writing. (: You are so witty and intelligent. I'm going to enjoy reading this, so please be passionate about it for at least a few months. (;

    ReplyDelete