Thursday, April 26, 2012

5 minute Friday: Community

GO
We were created to be together. God said "it is not good for man to be alone," and while he was speaking in context about the woman, it could possibly apply to all facets of life.
We were designed to have that innate desire to be a part of something. To belong. To be included. Although it is necessary to take moments alone (look at the example of Christ taking time to retreat and pray), God has created us to be in communion with one another. It is this community that has kept me afloat during even the deepest of floods. I am forever thankful to Christ's church, to this community of believers, that leaves me feeling connected even in my moments when I am most alone.
STOP*

*thank goodness for these 5 minute Friday challenges, otherwise my blog would go untouched. Eeek.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, beautifully written, even your postscript about 5 minute Fridays, which made me laugh out loud. You should write more frequently....I'm following you now, and will read more regularly....if you write...
    peace and good,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete