Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Prayer Challenge

Just a quick post before Eden wakes from her nap...
While browsing Pinterest, I came across this prayer challenge, and I was just overcome with conviction. I know I need to pray for my husband, and I try to often, but in reading this, I knew I had to change my quick and simple "thank you God for Andy" type prayers.
Who am I to hold Andy to such a high standard of husbandry expectation, if I'm not praying daily, and in great depth, for him?
Our lives have drastically shifted in the last year, with the birth of our daughter. And while I so often pretend that our relationship is as it once was, truthfully I know that I there are so many times that Andy is not receiving the full amount of love, attention, and respect he deserves. And so I take on this challenge, committing to pray this daily for my husband. Will all of you other wives join me? Let's hold our husbands to a higher standard, keeping them accountable. If we want our husbands to be the spiritual men we know God has created them to be, we must first do our part as their wives, and be in daily and active prayer for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment