Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Well, on this dreary Fresno afternoon, while the babe naps naked in her crib (don't ask), I've run out of things to do. My mother and I have completed project after project over the past two plus weeks that she's been in our home. (For a more detailed, and humorous, I might add, account of our accomplishments, check out  mom's recent blog post.)
And. I. Am. Bored.
Our projects are complete. I've checked and rechecked (and yes, rechecked again) facebook, twitter, and pinterest. I've consumed my daily limit of cups of coffee (though it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll have yet another before this day actually comes to a close). I'm currently not reading a book that I'm just dying to finish. I guess I could shower.... but that might ruin the chance that I will exercise later today, and who has the time to shower twice in one day?..... Sooo I guess I could exercise.... but who really wants to do that???? I'm sure there's something I could be cleaning...... and I'll just leave it at that.
So here I am, lying in the middle of the sitting room (yes, the sitting room, we are that fancy), where, for the last thirty minutes, I have been browsing through all of our pictures that have been previously saved on our computer. And here is what I've discovered......

February 22, 2011.........

February 24, 2012...........

Amazing, isn't it?!? I think about my life just one year ago, and how much of a difference one year truly makes. Wow.
My family is leaving early in the morning, heading back to Tennessee. And I'm sad. I'm sad that the next time they see Eden, she will be a totally different little human being. Sure, we can skype, call, text, and send pictures and videos. But I know it's not the same. 
I'm so thankful that Eden has been blessed with four of the best grandparents she could ever have. And I'm thankful to her grandparents for their patience, understanding, love, and support, for allowing us to do the work that we believe God has called us to, even if it means that their first and only grandchild is 3,000 miles away. 
I'm also so incredibly thankful to the family we've been adopted into at the Woodward Park Church. Through you, Eden has an abundant amount of loving grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, and sisters. 
Though we are miles and miles away from "home," we have found yet another home, another family, in you.



No comments:

Post a Comment